Saturday, April 14, 2007

Pre-Drinking Precautions

I have deleted Chatterbox's number from my phone. I have also deleted all of his texts and his number from my call logs (as in the past I've just deleted the deserter's number and then even in dunken stupor managed to re-find it from call log and go on to commit drunken text crimes, see http://sistersinthecity.blogspot.com/search?q=dont+drink+and+text). This is a first for me. I usually keep all emails/numbers/texts for days, weeks, months, even years. But I'm feeling slightly cocky at the moment. I have forced myself to do exactly the opposite to what my natural instincts tell me to do and it's working. I feel light, free and happy. Having now taken every precaution against making a fool of myself in a drunken moment, I can look forward to going out on the town in Cheltenham with my oldest, closest friend and not worry that the hangover may bring that sinking realisation that one has made a tit of oneself with the ex-boyfriend. And if anyone is wondering why I started the story last week of meeting KP and didn't finish it, it's because I can't be bothered, it does make a good story, but it's in the past and right now, I'm all about the present!

2 comments:

LZM said...

it is ALWAYS a good plan to delete numbers from phones! Last week i was feeling down and unloved and thought about texting my ex about what an arse he is (clearly its all his fault!) but as i went to do it i realised i didn't have his number anymore - RESULT! Hope a year or so in the future you realise you've done absolutely the right thing!

Sister Louise said...

I'm already reaping the benefits. Every now and then I'm thinking... "maybe one little text won't hurt" and then I realise that I don't have his number and it's actually really liberating because I can't text! Problem at work is that it would be so easy to email....but he really doesn't deserve my attention!