Monday, October 23, 2006

Good Riddance to Bad Rubbish

What do you write in the leaving card of the office player who once lured you into his games and taught you the hard way how he gained his reputation?

I am sitting at my desk pondering over this question a year after our brief affair. No longer am I emotionally scarred by his behaviour, but there is still a dent in my pride from having let myself be fooled by such a rogue.

Since I heard of his imminent departure, I have given this matter a lot of thought, and come up with the following options:

Breezy:
'Good luck in your new job, I'm sure you'll have a great time'

Hard Arse Bitch:
'F*ck off you prick!'

Apathetic:
'Best wishes in your new career'

Pathetic:
'I can't believe you're leaving. I'm going to miss you so much. I think you've lost my mobile number, it's ... Do Keep in touch xxx'

Having decided that breezy was too nice, hard arse bitch too bitter, apathetic too cold and pathetic too desperate, I gave up on the card and sent him the following email:

'A whole new office full of unsuspecting women...

Good luck!'

2 comments:

Sister Louise said...

Ha ha brilliant Bridget! So good to have you back. I've been depressing the hell out of everyone:-)

Anonymous said...

Hello Sister Bridget...I started reading your blog today and it smacked of a article i read on the BBC website - apparantly you are not the only one to be suffering from writers block! http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/6043426.stm
Enjoy