Thursday, August 30, 2012

Broadway Baby

So in 2013 I will achieve one of my lifelong dreams of performing on Broadway (ahem, 42nd Street to be precise!) at the ripe old age of 34. I'm on a one-way ticket to the 40s and the only way to cope with that thought is to embrace it fully and whole-heartedly. On July 4th 2010 I wrote an entry in my Penzu journal (free online journal) that read:

Before I'm 40 I want to...
Marry M
Have a baby
Be in a feature film
Be on TV
Have lived in the USA
Own at least one house
Become a vocal coach
Learn to use a sewing machine
Learn an instrument
Write a book/play
Become a good knitter
Not be in debt
Go around the world


And how many of those things have I actually managed to achieve? Well unless you count a Birds Eye advert that was on screen for 2 weeks as "Be on TV", exactly zero. Funnily enough though that doesn't worry me. After all, I left "Be on Broadway" off the list as it felt too far-fetched (like "Not be in debt" wasn't?) - and look at me now! I figure I still have 6 years to go and I'm confident I will achieve at least one (well I'm still with M and I really hope he doesn't wait till I'm 41). So here is my official revised list as at 30 August 2012:


Before I'm 40 I want to...
Have accepted that there are no limitations, that an age is not a deadline, and that to be good knitter you have to practice (for the record I have recently purchased, with all good intentions,  the fabric and fleece interfacing required to make a knitting needle case with my new and untouched (gift from ex in 2005) sewing machine)

No comments: