Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Plus Who?

I have just crawled home from work to find an exciting looking hand written, cream, envelope. Inside I found a sky blue and vanilla invite to "Sister Louise plus one" for a family wedding on 18th August. I find the "plus one" extremely polite... after all I'm sure most of my close friends secretly rejoice in my single status when it comes to a wedding... it's one head less to pay for... but I also find it hilarious! I mean WHO would I take?! This decision is further complicated by the fact that my Pops is also attending said wedding. I have mentally run through the possibilities in my head... Mr Comfort... great for company, but romance died a decade ago... Undercover Cop? Well, you see, he has to look the part in his job... he has to fit in with the scallywags of society... so perhaps best not to cause a stir by turning up on his arm at a family wedding? And Blue Moon. Well, of course, this is the one that sets my mind racing... and the butterflies dancing in my stomach... what if?? It seems impossible... to pin him down for a date three months in advance where he would certainly meet one set of parents... impossible... but the possibilty is enough. Of course I'll probably go on my own, get drunk and snog the best man, who as it's a young wedding is likely to be 21. BUT... that possibility.... hmmmmmm.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow and as if by magic there were two stories in the space of days!

Welcome back the blog! Your Sisters have missed you.xxx

styleandsubstance said...

Can't tell you how many times I've been down the same road. What's even more unnerving is the anticipation of others to see who you do bring as arm candy. Should you do decide to go solo, I suggest reading, "Even God is Single, So Stop Giving Me a Hard Time" by Karen Salmansohn, a hilarious book armed with comebacks to all those pesty questions about your single status!