Wednesday, September 06, 2006

The Times They Are A-Changin'

I meet this birthday, the year before the great milestone of 30, with slight trepidation. I am entering the last year of my twenties - am I leaving behind the best days of my life? What will my thirties hold for me? Are smoky clubs with sticky carpets a thing of the past - to be replaced with hot cups of coco and early nights?

Slide back 10 years and I was starting University and although I didn’t know it at the time... about to meet my now husband. It was the beginning of a special journey through my 20s where I would gain a plethora of new experience, both good...and bad.

Another 10 years back and I was nine - a child and although my memory fails me slightly, I am sure it involved a carefully selected group of other nine year olds, a trip to the zoo and a McDonald’s happy meal.

9 years before this I entered the world. How time flies!

So what can I expect from the last year of my twenties? Well, I think I'll start it off with a few glasses of champagne and see where it takes me.

Happy Birthday to me!

1 comment:

Sister Louise said...

Welcome Sister Godiva! I was starting to feel lonely! And a pertinent first blog. I too had an 'approaching 29 yrs old crisis' recently. A sort of oh s*it feeling - 1 year left of my 20s! Shouldn't I have done illegal raves on narcotic substances, stayed in dodgy hostels in Thailand and bungee jumped off the Victoria Falls? I've made myself a promise to do anything I think I missed out on earlier - in my approaching 29th yr. Join me!